New Year’s Eve is a time for reflection on the events of the previous year and a time for planning for the upcoming one.
A list (in no particular order) of the things I am thankful for:
- My Wife. She helps me be a better man than I would be on my own.
- My Daughters. They bring joy, a sense of wonder and a certain level of frustration into my life.
- My Friends. They inspire me, amuse me, and humor me. Who else can tell you “You suck!” with an evil grin plastered all over their face?
As far as goals for 2010, I have a couple:
- Learn to program modules for OpenERP. OpenERP seems to be a business management system that could help improve our business.
- Learn to play the guitar. I want to learn enough to at least play some chord progressions in a blues or R&B style.
- Organize my garage/workshop. What is the point of having all of the cool tools if you can’t find them, or can’t use them?