This recipe for Butternut Squash Soup is a modified version from a version shared by a family friend. This version is more suited to the tastes of my family with lighter seasoning, less salt and less fat.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 package)
- In pressure cooker, saute the onion in the butter until onions are softened and begin to caramelize.
- Add minced garlic and let it briefly saute.
- Add cubed butternut squash, water, bouillon and spices and pressure cook on high pressure for 7 or 8 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and puree with cream cheese.
- Serve with croutons, toasted cheese bread or garlic bread.